Circuit Park Zandvoort is a racing track located in the dunes north of the town of Zandvoort, in the Netherlands, near the North Sea coast. The circuit was inaugurated on August 7th 1948. In 1955 the first Formula 1 race counting for the World Championship was held at Zandvoort. Until 1985 the Formula One Grand Prix was part of the calendar every year. From 1985 several problems manifested themselves mainly caused by inhabitants of Zandvoort living near to the track complaining about the noise from the track. For the next fifteen years the continuation of the races at Zandvoort were troublesome but thanks to the persistence of some real race-enthusiasts and businessmen the track was redesigned to a 4.3 kilometers long circuit and a new pits building and a new grandstand were realized. The noise restrictions still make it impossible to organise many race events but this year the circuit received a permit for 12 decibel-free days, which allows the organisation to run unsilenced cars all weekend, so it was possible to organise this historic race event.
Rob Roy 20 viii 2012
Coys Auction Like every year the Coys auction was held on Saturday afternoon and also this year some very special and extraordinary cars were displayed to draw the attention of a possible new owner. No less than three Formula 1 cars were available of which two cars were from the Arrows-stables.
The conditions for the 40th Anniversary of the Oldtimer-GP couldn’t be better, three days of sunshine ! So 50,000 visitors enjoyed themselves around the Grand Prix track and the old original Nordschleife circuit. During the previous years the 4-hour race was held on the combined Nordschleife and Grand-Prix circuit but this year the organisation decided to run the 4-hour race using only the old track.
About 18,000 visitors enjoyed three days of historic motor sport at the Nürburgring Grand Prix track and the 22 kilometres Nordschleife. Whether on two, three or four wheels, the 26th edition of this event offered an entertaining program about a century of automotive fascination. One of the highlights was the largest ever meeting of the Veritas sportscars and their owners in the renovated old pits square.
The site contains thousands of brilliant images and stories of automobiles that stand out from bland, mass-produced transport that you see every day.Our home team of 5 photographers come from Europe, Britain, Australia and New Zealand.We mainly feature cars that have distinguished themselves in competition - from Goodwood and Nurburgring to local club-run sprints and hillclimbs.
This display took place in Portugal, 3-4 December 2011 in the Automobile and Motorcycle Hall in the city of Aveiro. The city is located 70 Km (44 miles) south of Oporto and with 200 Km2 (77 square miles).
The Revival is one of two big motoring events hosted at the Goodwood estate each year and has now become one of the world's largest historic motor race meetings, reliving the heyday of the Goodwood Motor Circuit from 1948-66. The Revival is more than just a normal race meeting for historic/classic racing cars, it’s the classic motorsport equivalent of Royal Ascot. Spectators arrive in period clothing although dressing up is not a prerequisite but you will feel much more involved in the spirit of the event if you do. So arriving at the gate early in the morning the show already begins. Visitors are dressed in the 1920s fashion until the style of the sixties, it depends in which car one arrives or which era is ones most favourite. Men are dressed in sharp suits or khaki trousers and blazers, tweed jackets and matching flat cap or even a former army suit. Women wearing colourful long dresses and funny hats, pleated skirts, twin-sets-and-pearls, fur coats or even 1960s mini-skirts. To enter the paddock, there's a strict dress code, although the variety of styles and uniforms seen is fairly loose. Mechanics are dressed in plain white overalls and officials wear brown coats. For spectators arriving in their regular outfit there’s even the opportunity to buy all the vintage clothing at the more than 150 shops and stands on the Revival Market.