Photo: Barry Quantrell. -TC enthusiasts Harry and Val Forde started constructing the Forde Brothers special in 1957.It entered its first race in 1962 and still carries a Cams historic classification log book. -The concept was based on Harry Firth's TC, the chassis being offset on the driver's side. This gains a seating position below the chassis line and keeps the height of the car low. The diff banjo has had 100mm taken off the left side and 100mm added to the right side. -The engine and gear box have been offset in order to line up with the diff. The gearbox is standard and the engine is bored out to 1380 CC. The head has been ported as per the tuning section in Blower (the MG Tuning Bible). The supercharger is a period TC accessory; a Marshall Nordec 175 geared to give 7lb boost at 4000 RPM plus. -The carburettor is a dual bowl SU and the engine runs on straight methanol.The car weighs in at 610 kg.Gary Grant of Geelong restored the car to its present condition in early 1982.The car is currently owned by Mike and Jenny Killingsworth.
Written by Guus Docen Photographs by Maurice Volmeyer (www.carlegends.nl) The original Boucles de Spa rally was held between 1953 and 1990 in the Belgium Ardennes area and was well known for its typically snowy conditions. The Legend Boucles de Spa is the historic version and one of the biggest historic rally events in Europe. Just like the original rally the Legend event is held in the countryside outside the town of Spa in Belgium. The field of participants is growing year by year and participating are the biggest names from the world of rallying like Didier Auriol, Björn Waldegaard, British rally champion Gwyndaf Evans, WRC drivers Per-Gunnar Andersson, Thierry Neuville and twice winner of the 24-Hours of Le Mans, Andre Lotterer.
The photos in these pages come from J-P Bush, our friend in Beaumont en Veron, near the Loire River in France. If you are of a mind to get into a French mood à la française this is a great site to visit. http://lecruchon2.free.fr/